Supported platforms : Vista/2008/7/2012/8/10/2016
Nwinx is available as a zip file containing an installer. Simply unzip your downloaded copy and run the package "nwinx_x.x.x_Installer.exe":
- Accept License agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Specify a service account for the Nginx service.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation. Check if everything seems ok.
Nwinx is now installed and Nginx is activated as a manual service with a default configuration listening to port 80.
You need to update the configuration file etc/nginx/nginx.cfg (available from start menu) according to your needs and change the start mode to automatic. You need to configure the firewall to allow incoming connections to the listening port (80 by default). The default web root directory is located at var/opt/nginx/html. Nginx binary is SSL-enabled via the LibreSSL library and can use both basic and LDAP authentication.
This one is easy too:
- Make sure that no clients are connected.
- Choose Uninstall from Start menu. Again, you can monitor uninstallation process by clicking 'Details' button.