Wrbldnsd comes as a ZIP file containing an NSIS installer. Simply unzip your downloaded copy and run the installer :
- Accept License agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation.
The installer will set up the service Rbldnsd starting the script /rbldnsd.sh, allowing you for customization according to your needs
# Script to start rbldnsd with desired parameters, check man page for other options
# NB! not all of them are applicable as this is a Windows environment
# address - bind to (listen on) this address (required)
# each zone specified using `name:type:file,file...'
# working directory
/bin/rbldnsd -n -f -b $BINDINFO -w $WORKDIR $ZONES
You need to:
- update the ip address and port to serve the requests (BINDINFO). The default value is non-functional (connections at 127.0.0.1 on port 53)
- copy dataset files to be used to the /work folder and configure ZONES parameter.
There are many other options that can be configured via the script file. Check the man page for options.
You can now start the service and monitor the activity via the log file at /var/log folder.
The service is set up in automatic mode and run by the LOCAL SERVICE Account (limited access).
Man page for rbldnsd is available here. More documentation can also be found here.