Supported platforms : Vista/2008/7/2012/8/10/2016/2019
Winrpe is available as a zip file containing an installer. Simply unzip your downloaded copy and run the package "winrpe_x.x.x_Installer.exe":
- Accept License agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation. Check if everything seems ok.
Winrpe is now installed and Xinet is activated as a manual service with a proper configuration to serve NRPE requests. Consult documentation from start menu for more information about components installed.
You need to update the configuration file nrpe.cfg (available from start menu) according to your needs and change the start mode to automatic. You can also enhance your Winrpe installation by other NRPE plugins.
Example use of Winrpe with Nagwin: Basic monitoring of Windows hosts via Winrpe
This one is easy too:
- Make sure that no monitors are connected.
- Choose Uninstall from Start menu. Again, you can monitor uninstallation process by clicking 'Details' button.