**UPDATED 17.03.2014 **
Assuming that you want to synchronize c:\documents and settings\user on WINCLIENT to c:\backup on WINSERVER :
- Install Copssh and cwRsync server. Use the same service account.
- Start RsyncServer and OpenSSHD services
- Activate a user and create a PKA key pair via Copssh control panel:
- Transfer user's private key file to WINCLIENT.
- Make sure that the user and the service account has write access to c:\backup
- Add a new module to rsyncd.conf :
path = /cygdrive/c/backup
read only = false
transfer logging = yes
on WINCLIENT :
- Install cwRsync with Secure Channel Wrapper
- Start Secure Channel Wizard and specify private key file location, WINSERVER and rsync command:
- Click next and replace SvcwRsync by the user activated at the server side via Copssh Control Panel:
- Save contents as a batch for further operations and/or scheduling.
NB! You must forward ssh port 22 to WINSERVER at the edge of your secure network (your router/firewall). I recommend strongly to tighten security further by using options available in rsync and openssh (host limitations, secrets file ...).